Friday, July 02, 2004

What a Week!

The MacroMedia phone interview was a complete waste of time. MM told the recruiter that it was a maximum of 25% travel, which is pushing the limits of what I'm willing to do right now, but when I talked to them it was clearly a minimum of 50%! The job sounded somewhat interesting, but there's no way I'm doing that much travel, though Dawn and I did discuss that a single overnight a week most weeks is a lot different than a full week away every month. Still don't know if I'm interested. JaeSon has moved on to BridgeStream and Derek is apparently being hounded by people who want him, so I figure it's only a matter of time before one or both of them starts calling those of us who are still biding our time here.

Rachel has been very cute lately, but also very frustrating. She's really doing a lot to push our buttons. We're having to do a lot of tag teaming where one of us tries to get something done for a while and then gives up in frustration and the other moves in.

And to top it off I came down with whatever Rachel had over the weekend... had an horrendous migraine on Tuesday night and got some 'interesting' neurological side-effects from the homeopathic migraine pill my accupuncturist gave me. I might have to stick with the thing I've been taking (Imitrex) since it is more of a known quantity right now and doesn't have Belladonna in it. John did some interesting analysis based on basic research into the quantities given on the bottle... his numbers indicate that the pill basically doesn't have even a single molecule of Belladonna in it based on how many times it's been cut.

I'm going to the game with Chris tonight; fireworks; A's; should be fun. I was supposed to go with him tomorrow to Daniel's big BBQ and party in the park, but between the game tonight and having a family BBQ on Sunday at our house, I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe I can take Rachel for a while in the afternoon after nap. We'll see.

No comments: