Thursday, January 06, 2005

Live From The Distractions

I finally finished listening to all my music in alphabetical order yesterday or the day before, so then I moved on to listening to all the KFOG Live From the Archives discs I have in order. That list is almost finished, and then I will probably listen to my two new albums, Session for Robert J (Eric Clapton) and the Ray soundtrack. But I digress.

Yesterday, as I sat at work finishing and cleaning up some business rule meta-data for M, I happened to notice that someone had more than one song in the KFOG collection. Obviously, the work I was doing is pretty mind-numbing. Not that either the interest level of the work or the fact that the CDs have multiple songs by various artists was a surprise, but iTunes makes it very easy to identify all the artists who have multiple songs in a given playlist, so I did...

The following artists have multiple songs, with no duplicates, on KFOG's Live from the Archives 3, 5-11, and the 10th anniversary disk. Unless otherwise, noted, they each have a different song on 2 discs.
  • Ben Harper (3 songs, 3 discs)
  • Blues Traveler
  • Bonnie Raitt
  • Bruce Hornsby (1, 2), also has one song credited with The Range
  • Coldplay
  • Counting Crows (2, 3)
  • Cowboy Junkies (3, 3)
  • Dave Matthews Band (1, 2)
  • Elvis Costello (3, 3)
  • Indigo Girls
  • Joan Osborne
  • Joe Jackson
  • John Hiatt (3, 4) - most discs
  • Keb' Mo' (3, 3)
  • Kenny Wayne Shepherd
  • Lyle Lovett (2, 3)
  • Melissa Etheridge
  • Nickel Creek (1, 2)
  • Patty Griffin
  • The Pretenders
  • Robben Ford, also one song credited with The Blue Line
  • Ryan Adams (1, 2)
  • Sarah McLachlan
  • Shawn Colvin
  • Susan Tedeschi
  • Tori Amos
  • Train (3, 3)
  • The Wallflowers (3, 3)
So, then I decided I should do the same thing with the This is Alice Music CDs, of which I have 2-8 (all but #1):
  • Alanis Moresette (3 songs, 3 discs)
  • Barenaked Ladies (3, 3)
  • Coldplay (2, 3) - only artist with a song that appears on more than one disc (Trouble, which appears on Alice 6 & 7)
  • Creed
  • Dido
  • Duran Duran (2, 1) - only artist with 2 songs on one disc
  • Erasure
  • Jewel
  • Luce (1, 2)
  • Maroon 5
  • Matchbox Twenty (4, 4)
  • Michelle Branch
  • Natalie Merchant
  • Sarah McLachlan (5, 5) - most songs, most Alice discs
  • Sixpence None the Richer (3, 3)
  • Third Eye Blind
  • Train
If I ever get the rest of the Alice & KFOG discs, I'm sure I'll eventually decide that I simply "have to" redo this list...

No comments: