Tuesday, August 09, 2005

You Could Do THIS, Daddy!

Rachel's been home sick two days now. She has an ear infection; not a bad one, and the augmentin's been making a difference already, but she can't go to school until tomorrow anyway.

Today, we went to the park for a while. I had to be on the phone for part of it with my boss, P. While Rachel was sliding down a pole (something she seems to have just learned recently), I was holding the phone between my head and my shoulder so I could help her with both hands. A bit later, she was jumping off things and wanted me to use both hands to help again, but I was holding the phone with my left hand.

When I told her I was holding the phone with the other hand, she put her head against her shoulder and said "You could do THIS, Daddy!"

OK, I guess, at least in this case, if you can make the connection, I can do it...

She loved sliding down the pole. She's still somewhat afraid to, but she wanted to do it, so she did it. Lots of nervous groaning and grunting, but she did it.

No comments: