Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Few Days Away


Dawn and I took the kids and went up to my aunt & uncle's cabin near Donner Lake for the last couple of days. Yes, believe it or not, I took 3 days off from work and actually did not work. I know! Call Ripley!

We got up there, with a nearly obligatory stop at In-n-Out burger, about 9pm Sunday and didn't get Rachel to bed (she had to look at all the bedrooms and switch which bed she was in a few times, ending up on the futon in the loft outside the bedroom we were going to be in) until after 10, which is really late for her...

We went for a walk at Donner Memorial State Park and Rachel and I did some rock climbing. She really seems to enjoy it, so I'm going to be taking her more - we went to Berkeley Iron Works on Wednesday after we got back.

We also spent a bit of time at a nearby lake, which was quite cold. Fun, but very cold. We also had breakfast one morning at a joint called 'Coffee And' in Truckee. Food was OK; Dawn loves joints.

On the way back, we stopped at Ikeda's for lunch and to pick up some fruit & pies. Lunch was OK, at best, and the marionberry pie wound up being disappointing, but the blackberry cobbler was quite tasty.

The trip was very nice & well worth it. I had trouble getting to sleep the first night after we got home because I was trying to figure out all the different hums (from the various electronics) in our house!

No comments: