Friday, July 11, 2008

Tempted fate...

Yesterday at lunch with a couple of friends, we were talking about how Dawn and I had a diaper-free period (actually quite a long one) between Rachel's not needing them anymore and Zachary's birth. We had a 'soft' reintroduction, since dirty diapers won't get really toxic until he starts eating things other than formula.

I mentioned to my friends that since he generally fills his diaper during the day, while I'm at work, it seems as if I haven't had to change one in a couple of weeks. I should have known better than to tempt fate that way.

When I got home, I offered to change him so Dawn could sit down to dinner. One very full dark green pasty diaper...

Then this morning I changed him when he woke up... And was surprised to find another dirty one. And then after breakfast, he filled another one!

Evidently the price of commenting that I'd managed to avoid dirty diapers that long was 3 in a little more than 12 hours.

No comments: