Tuesday, August 17, 2004

No Land Speed Record

I've said before that I'm not likely to set any land speed records, apropos of aerodynamics and bike weight, but I did make it in to work pretty fast this morning. 17.9 mph average, according to my possibly miscalibrated speedometer, just under 13 minutes actual riding time and less than an extra minute of stopped time. I didn't have to stop at a single stop sign, and only a couple of lights. It feels good! I do wish Rachel had wanted to ride with me, even though that would have taken longer, though.

I think that today while I'm waiting for things to happen I may start moving my posts from livejournal to here. I also added a 'favorite links' list to the sidebar and got it to save the template with the "friends' blogs" list set to show on all pages rather than just the main & archive pages. Now, if I can just figure out how to get items to show up in smaller chunks when there are multiple items to a page.

Last night, I did a bit of digging around the area where I figured the water pipe would be. After just a little bit, I decided to check the pipes around the meter and found that the meter has a short length of curved copper coming out of it, but at the bottom of the meter box it connects to galvanized. Doesn't give me much hope that the main pipe to the house is copper, but I started digging on the other side of the sidewalk anyway. Got to about 18" deep without finding the pipe, but I did find some stuff associated with the gas pipe. Guess I'll still have to meet the plumber tomorrow.

No comments: